A native of Washington, D.C., Chris Wright brings over eighteen years experience in corporate finance and accounting to the practice of law. He received his J.D., magna cum laude, in 2011 from Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law.
Chris worked full-time as a Certified Public Accountant while attending law school at night. During law school, he worked on Catholic University Law Review, and his Comment: Taxation of Personal Injury Awards: Addressing the Mind/Body Dualism that Plagues Section 104(a)(2) of the Tax Code, was published in the fall of 2010. Currently serving as President of the Alexandria Bar Association, 2018-2019.
Chris lives in Alexandria with his wife and two children.
Areas of Practice
Chris’s main areas of practice are estate planning and tax law, business law, and elder law. He also advises nonprofits.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 2011
- B.S.B.A. – Finance, East Carolina University, 1992
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- State of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- United States Tax Court
- Alexandria Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant
- Mr. Wright contributes to the annual updates in Living Trusts: Forms and Practice, Matthew Bender & Company, Inc. (2014)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of Board of Directors, Alexandria Bar Association (2013-present)
- Member of Board of Directors, Alexandria Law Library (2013)
- Treasurer, Alexandria Law Library (2013-present)
- Chairman, Wills for Heroes Committee, Alexandria Bar Association (2012)
- Chair of Finance Committee, Old Dominion Boat Club (2013-2017)
- Member, Senior Law Day Planning Committee (2015-2017)
Awards and Recognition
- Donald F. Mela Distinguished Service Award (2012-2013)
- Harry L. Carrico Pro Bono Award (2013)
Chris is available to speak at corporate and community events on a variety of tax and law topics. Most recent speeches have included:
- Tax Issues for Special Needs
- Estate Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Business Formation
- Other topics, as requested